Table of Contents
Air Fryers Size
Air fryers are designed to fit different food items and the sizes are mentioned in pounds, quarts or liters. Every air fryer has complete information about its size and what type of food would be most suitable for the machine. However, these are just guidelines but not concrete information to clear up all confusion.
Air fryers in the USA mention their capacity in quarts, that is, how much food would fit into the air fryer. Whereas, the Philips air fryers mention their capacity in pounds, that is, the weight of the food that would fit into the air fryer. Thus, if you are to compare Philips air fryers with other air fryers in that market, you would have to convert pounds to quarts to make an effective comparison. Their air fryer with 1.8 pounds capacity would be equal to 2.2 quarts and 2.6 pounds would convert to 3.2 quarts of air fryer capacity. So do air fryer manufacturers confuse us on purpose? Of course, they do!
Apart from this, some international brands mention the size of their air fryers in liters. Even though you will find these brands in the USA too, the sizes must be converted to quarts or pounds depending on the products to be compared with.
Now that you have a basic idea of different ways air fryer companies share their cooking capacities let’s keep moving forward.
What Size of An Air Fryer do You Need for a Family of 2?
An air fryer with 2-3qt capacity would be ideal for a family of 2. This size of an air fryer would also be more suitable for dorm rooms and small kitchens. A 2.2-3qt air fryer can hold about 5-6 chicken wings or vegetables that would be enough for two people. Also, it can cater to the needs of 4-5 people with small snacks like potato chips and nuts. However, if you are looking to use the air fryer more regularly or want to make large batches of food, then sizes above 3 quarts would be more suitable for your needs. So if you are not thinking about entertaining, and you just have you and a significant other to consider, then a 2-3 quart capacity should work perfectly for you.
What Size of An Air Fryer Do You Need for a Family of 5
For a family of 5, a 5.3 to 5.8 quarts air fryer would be best suited for your needs. You can easily fit a whole chicken in the food basket of air fryers of 5.3qt or above which would be enough for a family of 5. Thus, you would not have to prepare the food in a couple of batches before settling down on the dinner table.
You can also host a couple of food items simultaneously in different trays without having to prepare them in the next batch. This will not only cut down your cooking time but would also eliminate the hassle of preparing a meal in different batches. Also, if you have guests coming over, you can easily prepare snacks like potato chips and nuts for 6-8 people in these air fryers.
Size For Larger Gatherings
If you will be primarily using your air fryer for large gatherings then you will probably want to go with a 6-10 qt depending on the number of people. The food basket in large air fryers has enough room for a pizza, chicken, and a sufficient amount of finger foods. Logically, these large-capacity air fryers would need more counter space as compared to the smaller ones. However, you always have the option of storing the appliance under the counter to make room for utensils.
Air Fryers for Small Counter Space
The larger the capacity of the air fryer, the greater the space it would occupy. Thus, if you have limited counter space then a 2-3qt air fryer would be better for your kitchen. Even if you decide to go for a size of 4 quarts, it would only occupy the space equivalent to a 4 slice toaster.
However, if you have a bigger family or planning on entertaining large groups of people and your best move is to purchase a larger air fryer. Then you can store it in your cabinets or under the counter just like you store your pots and pans. This would save your counter space and make your kitchen look more spacious if that is a concern for you.
A better way to shop is to measure the counter space that you want to dedicate to the air fryer then measure the size of the machine you are interested in. If it fits your size and capacity requirements then it would be a perfect fit for you. So, the choice for every air fryer purchase depends upon many factors that are personal to each customer.
What Air Fryers Will Fit A Whole Chicken?
A whole chicken would weigh about 5-7 pounds on average thus air fryers with a capacity of 5.3 qt or more have enough capacity to fit a whole chicken in its food basket. Thus, a smaller size would require you to cut the chicken in small portions before putting it in your air fryer. Fairly simple, right? If you want to routinely do chicken, and most people do, you need to go with a 5.3-quart machine or higher.
Also, if you are looking to roast a complete chicken, many top brands come with rotating spits or rotisserie forks to evenly roast your chicken. So if the chicken is your primary goal for your air fryer, looking for a fryer that offers these bonus rotisserie forks is something you probably should consider.
Benefits of Large Air Fryers
Large air fryers are not only packed with extra capacity but are bundled with several other benefits to make them more attractive and better deals for buyers.
Large air fryers are bundled with a lot of exciting accessories to add a whole new level to your cooking experience. Food trays, rotating spits, and rotisserie forks are just a few examples of what you can expect to get. Apart from this, you can easily bake cakes, make bread, pizza, muffins, quiche and much more. Hence, the larger the size, the greater the benefits you can expect from your air fryer.
Apart from this, it will also replace several appliances in your kitchen. You can expect it to replace your bread maker, convection oven, toaster oven, and toaster. Thus, you would not only save your counter space but it would result in a lesser hassle as you would not need to move your food from one appliance to another. This freed-up space can be used to place different utensils that are used in day-to-day cooking. Again much of this is subjective and based upon your own personal preferences. If you can’t give up your toaster oven or your George Foreman grill, I respect that. Just have a plan going in regarding counter space that can be eliminated.
Large air fryers can accommodate a few layers of food with their trays. Thus, you can simultaneously cook different foods at the same time. For example, you cook a turkey and french fries at the same time. As they both have different cooking times, thus you can remove the french fries once they are done and let the turkey cook to perfection.
This is one of the most useful features of large air fryers. More and more useful air fryer accessories are being introduced for consumers as the entire market continues to explode.
You will never have to worry about guests coming over or your child’s birthday. As large air fryers can easily accommodate snacks for 6-8 people. Also, they would save your time spent on cleaning the kitchen after a party. You would just need to wipe it with your kitchen cloth and you are good to go for another round of cooking.
Choosing the Best Air Fryer for Your Needs
There are a few features that would make cooking with an air fryer effortless. Thus, look for the features listed when purchasing your air fryer.
- Auto ON/OFF. Auto on/off feature would save you from the hassle of standing around while your food is cooking. It will automatically shut off the heating system once the timer is up. Until you need to add some ingredients midway, it can be a hand-off cooking experience for you.
- Preset Modes. The number of preset modes differs with different models and brands. So while purchasing an air fryer, looking for a model with the most number of preset modes that suit your needs. Also, be sure it is equipped with different temperature settings and wet/dry modes.
- No. of Compartments. Some air fryers would allow you to cook one food at a time. However, many offer multiple compartments, allowing you to cook different foods simultaneously and save on your cooking time.
TOP OF THE LINE AIR FRYER – THE BEST OF THE BEST
- If budget is not an issue and you are simply looking for the best fryer on the market with the largest capacity and benefits of the Instant Pot Omni Plus Air Fryer Toaster Oven, 26L
- With this large capacity oven, you can toast 6 pieces of bread at the same time, bake a 12” pizza, make a cake, or even roast a whole chicken.
- Clear the clutter and free up your counter space with this 11-in-1 multi-function toaster oven and air fryer.
- 11 smart programs let you cook with the touch of a button: Air fry, dehydrate, toast, roast, bake, broil, slow cook, proof or reheat. Choose convection and rotate for delicious chicken and roasts.
- The easy-to-use dials and function buttons let you customize programs to make your food just the way you like it.
- Start cooking delicious, nutritious food fast and easy –from air frying french fries, to dehydrated snacks, this toaster oven satisfies all your family’s needs.
- Comes with everything you need to start cooking—right out of the box: Oven rack, cooking pan, air fryer basket, rotisseries spits and forks, and a rotisserie lift. I have told many of my friends to buy this fryer. Most want to wait to see how they are going to like it. If you know you are going to love it, go ahead and invest in the best: The last time I looked at the Omni Plus was less than $250.00.YOU CAN CLICK HERE TO CHECK CURRENT PRICE ON AMAZON.
Air Fryers are going to save your money on food costs for obvious reasons. But more than that they provide quality meals. The perfect air fryer size is going to depend on your particular needs and expectations of this unique appliance. However, with the information we have shared in this article, you should now have a good understanding of “how big of an air fryer do I need?”. Just make sure to always check for the features and functionalities of the air fryers in addition to the size.
The benefit of choosing the best air fryer would help your family enjoy delicious home-cooked meals with a crisp taste without any smoke or smell of fried foods lingering in your home. You will also be able to enjoy your favorite snacks without worrying about the calories as the air fryers cut down on the usage of oil. Thus, delicious and healthy snacks are what the air fryer is known for. At Save Your Bucks it is also about SAVING YOU MONEY.